When I left my day job, people I knew kept asking me “what does a writer do all day?” I wasn’t sure what to say, but I know I mumbled through it. I would report no that I’m still trying to figure that out.
Here’s how today went, though:
- Drive Lisa into work
- 40 pages of rewriting on a novel
- Fiddled with a fun but senseless Facebook chat
- Made a blog post
- Lunch and Finish watching a BBC documentary about Kurt Vonnegut (started yesterday).
- Boil eggs, fold laundry, and watch a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson (with a very cool cameo with someone I’m pretty sure is a very young Bill Murray). Fascinating, of course. (See below)
- 45 minute walk-run
- Adjust pricing of Vols 5-8 for 3-day special
- Write a review of Noise by Darren Hawkins
- Take a shower (I know, TMI)
- 20 pages of rewriting a novel
- Make salads for dinner (while listening to Night Vale Ep #33 … yes, I’m still way behind)
- Drive to get Lisa from work (fill up her gas tank on the way)
- 30 minute walk with my sweetie
- Reviewed print proofs of “5 Days in May”!!!!
- Grill shrimp and zucchini for dinner
- Post this.